It was heart-breaking for India to see ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) lose contact with the lander of Chandrayaan-2, just minutes before touchdown on the Moon. Although it felt amazing to see the entire nation coming together to support the space agency, after it lost communication with the lander ‘Vikram’ ahead of the touchdown on September 7.
People from all walks of life praised ISRO and its scientists for this achievement. I can’t imagine being in the shoes of one of the team members of that project. However, this kind of incident gives me a perspective on a recent setback in my school life.
I worked really hard for my mid-term exams. Unfortunately, some of them didn’t go up to my expectations (especially some I worked hardest for). I realized the reason that I might be overstretching myself.
And as a result, what I got was less sleep before most of the subjects which hampered my thinking process (especially in subjects like math where a fresh mind is a must). I mean, when I looked at my paper I couldn’t believe I had committed mistakes as silly as those which in turn cost me a lot of marks.
After that, the ‘self-bashing’ session starts which usually begins from regret and frustration and ends with self-doubt and tears. At this time, my mind had maximum tendency to make unreasonable conclusions like – maybe I’m not smart enough, maybe I’m dumb than everyone else, and maybe I’ll never be good enough.
However, it is very important to find your confidence in this kind of situation. Sometimes when you are unable to do something, you realize all the people who truly love you, are the ones that help bring a smile back on your face.
Besides, the sportsperson in me doesn’t know how to stop. Maybe I take rest but not stop. So eventually we just have to get up and get going forward even though it's quite evitable that we’ll fall again.
So I guess having such people around me my entire life that has made me an empathetic person. I know what value a hug or a few words of encouragement can hold at a time of need. If you have such heroes around you too then BE a similar kind of hero for SOMEBODY ELSE.
LOVE — LIVE — CARE
No comments:
Post a Comment